The AVP Technical is a pivotal role in the technical team of our leading leasing client, placing significant emphasis on the Technical Asset Management of owned and managed aircraft.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Managing Director – Aircraft Financing Solutions (‘MD-AFS’), is responsible for building out, structuring, and leading the continued growth of our client’s initiative to develop, market and manage creative financing solutions to airlines and lenders around the world.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Helping design new, innovative financing structures in response to airlines’ needs
- Identifying target airline customers and partnering/coordinating with the company’s Marketing team to develop a coordinated, complementary marketing plan to present a full suite of service offerings to target customers
- Analyzing airline financing RFPs to determine if AFS should respond and what the appropriate AFS response should be, including financing structure and number of aircraft
- Working with commercial lenders and financiers to develop financing structures that will improve the ability of the AFS program to compete
- Traveling globally to meet with customers and to raise awareness of the AFS program
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- Possess comprehensive knowledge, skills, and expertise in all aspects of aircraft finance
- Have a strong skill set in the management of existing portfolio of transactions, including waivers and amendments to financing documents. The candidate should also have strong existing relationships with key finance department decision-makers at airlines globally
- Possess either expert-level knowledge of financial statement and risk analysis, accounting, projection analysis and working-level knowledge of business law, especially in contracts, and in both instances, should have specific expertise in negotiating contracts covering financial structures, such as cross-border, asset-backed financings, and finance leases of aircraft.
- Have a proven track record of successful sales and financing of commercial aircraft
- Have a large network of banking, airline, and legal contacts
Our client is a premier full-service aircraft leasing company and asset manager headquartered in the US, with representative offices in Dublin, Madrid, Santiago, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore and the United Kingdom. The company has over 490 owned, managed and committed aircraft as of September 30, 2023, leased to roughly 90 airlines in approximately 45 countries.
With the continued growth of our client’s initiative to develop, market and manage creative financing solutions to airlines and lenders around the world, our client has a requirement for a MD – AFS.
This position will be based in either the US (CA, Miami or NYC), Dublin or London. Our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
More available roles
Seeking experienced aircraft asset management professional for an aircraft leasing company in Colorado.
Exciting legal role for 5+ years PQE Lawyer with Asset Finance and Leasing focus, for Investment Management firm in Singapore.