The Technical Records Librarian is responsible for managing and maintaining the technical records of leased aircraft, ensuring compliance with aviation regulations and facilitating the efficient retrieval and storage of critical documentation. This role plays a crucial part in supporting the aircraft leasing process and maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date repository of essential records.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Record Management – Maintain a well-organized, secure, and easily accessible repository of technical records and aircraft specifications for all aircraft and engines.
- Regulatory Compliance – ensure all records are accurate, complete, and up to date, adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Document Retrieval – respond to internal and external requests
- Quality Assurance review- regularly review technical records for inconsistencies, errors or missing information
- Data Update – Maintains and input new technical records and updates into the database as required.
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- Preferably degree level – in a related field, such as Library Science, Aviation Management or a relevant discipline or holder of an aviation certification such as EASA Part-66 Category B license or FAA Part 65 Subpart D certificate preferred
- Experience in record management in the aircraft leasing or aviation industry
- Knowledge of aviation regulations and technical documentation
- Proficiency in database management and record keeping software.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience working in a small team preferred
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Our client, a leading full-service aircraft management company, specializing in mid-to-late life model, high-quality, used commercial and freighter aircraft, and aircraft engines, is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Records Librarian/Administrator to join their dynamic team. The company has its headquarters in London, with additional staff located in the USA and Europe.
With a robust portfolio of approximately 120 assets, the company provides in-house acquisition, placement, structuring, and management capabilities. They have established relationships worldwide through an extensive network of industry contacts, enabling successful acquisitions, leasing, maintenance, conversion, and disposal/sale of aircraft and aircraft engines.
This position will be based in London, UK or can be Remote (Europe based) and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.