Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the role involves the day-to-day technical management of aircraft fleet portfolios, project management and oversight of the various Technical VPs while supporting delivery, redelivery, and transition of both new and used aircraft (active Fleet Management). This includes, but is not limited to, prepare, review, and negotiate term sheets and aircraft lease documentation (technical provisions), providing support to in-house marketing, legal, finance and contracts teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and monitor all aircraft assets on lease, in storage or transitioning through maintenance and transitioning to the next Lessee
- Research and analyze Lessee, potential Lessee or technical aspect/condition/requirement of a pipeline or transition aircraft. Contribute to Approval Memo construction
- Assist in the definition of lease delivery conditions, lessor contributions towards maintenance events, definition of qualifying maintenance events and redelivery conditions
- Assume Departmental Leadership Role when assigned by Chief Technical Officer
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- 15+ years’ experience, with a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong financial analysis and reporting skills
- Must possess a knowledge of narrow and wide body commercial aircraft, engines and related systems and parts
- Extensive experience in negotiation of aircraft and engine contracts, including purchases, sales, and lease contracts
- Must have an excellent technical insight of commercial aircraft, engines of all major aircraft families, and understanding of the aircraft leasing industry
Our client is a leading multi-strategy institutional investment manager with demonstrated capabilities and expertise across all segments of the aviation industry. With a focus on both
mid-life, in production commercial aircraft, and new technology and early life commercial aircraft, the company has in excess of 400 aircraft placed with lessees worldwide
This position will be based in Miami and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Please note: No Sponsorship for the above position.