The SVP of Materials leads and oversees all activities related to the Used Serviceable Material (‘USM’) function of Sales, Product Line and Repairs. The Role will have ultimate responsibility for developing and successfully executing sales and acquisition strategies, oversight of inventory and maximizing sales opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, develop and mentor a high-performing team. Provide guidance and leadership to ensure team alignment with Sales, Product Line and Repairs objectives.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the USM division, aligning it with the company’s objectives.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the company’s position in the marketplace and expand business relationships.
- Foster and maintain strong customer relationships ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Source and evaluate available inventory packages for purchase based on technical conditions, yield expectations, opportunities.
- Oversee the financial performance of the USM division, including budgeting, forecasting, and achieving revenue and profitability targets.
- Continuously assess and improve USM processes, standards, technology and customer experience through feedback and performance metrics.
- Utilize data and analytics to identify trends, performance metrics, and customer preferences, allowing for data-driven decision-making.
- Stay informed about market trends, competitive offerings, and customer needs to adapt the USM strategy.
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive (at least 10 years) experience in the aviation or aerospace industry, with a proven track record of success in managing aircraft and/or engine product lines.
- Effective leadership qualities with a strategic mindset and solid financial acumen.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Proficient in using data and analytics to identify trends.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.
Our client is a diversified aviation services company providing asset management, leasing, technical, trading, and aftermarket commercial engine and airframe material through innovative mid- to end-of-life solution in support of airlines, MRO’s and financial institutions worldwide.
This position will ideally be based in our client’s TX or FL locations however, consideration may be given to working remotely within the USA. Applicants must have the legal right to work in the USA. Our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.