Reporting to the Partners, the Director (or VP) Technical Operations is primarily responsible for the budgetary management of Aircraft Transitions and associated costs, and Project Management of aircraft transitions with additional responsibilities for aircraft monitoring while on lease.
With increased numbers of aircraft and engines requiring shop visits for transitions or otherwise, our client is seeking someone with the ability to
- Create budgets and then monitor the spend, review, and approve invoices and keep track of the spend vs budget.
- Review maintenance claims by airlines, check the lease, review agreed payments to reimburse and ensure it balances,
- Review field rep time sheets, approve reimbursements and then make sure that spend is allocated and rebilled appropriately
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of a relevant Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ work experience in the aviation technical field including a minimum of 5 years in a similar leasing role, or an alternative relevant technical qualification with 12 years’ work experience in the aviation technical field including a minimum of 5 years in a similar leasing role. Must be capable of the Key Competencies noted below.
- Capable of interpreting and applying contractual requirements of lease, sale, and purchase transactions
- Capable of identifying and mitigating potential exposures arising from contract terms
- Review all spend, allocate according to the budget, report on how things are going, raise alarms for overspends etc..
- Review of maintenance expenses claims etc…
- Intimate familiarity with FAA and EASA regulations
- Strong financial acumen from developing and overseeing budgets
Our client is a leading full-service aircraft management company with particular expertise in mid-to-late life model, high quality, used commercial and freighter aircraft and aircraft engines.
Established in 2003 and headquartered in London, with additional staff located in a number of different locations, the company is fully owned by its principals.
They are now expanding their portfolio to include a significant number of freighter aircraft which will make it the third largest freighter lessor globally with an exciting growth plan to add further freighter aircraft as well as commercial aircraft and aircraft engines over the coming years.
This position will be based in London and our client is offering a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.