Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, Risk Management Director will be responsible for assessing, managing and reporting on portfolio and credit/country risks on all projects in the Americas, including Canada, the USA, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America (the “Americas”)
Key responsibilities will include amongst others:
- Staying abreast of the airline markets and customer developments in the Americas
- Working with Marketing and Legal to resolve payment problems and other problems with airline customers in the Americas. This will include designing and negotiating lease restructurings, as needed,
- Contributing to, or leading, company efforts to resolve post-LOI problems with Americas customers or projects,
- Traveling to complete due diligence on customers, markets, etc
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- 7 + years of compliance and credit risk experience
- Finance and accounting expertise
- Graduate degree in business/finance/accounting or graduate law degree
- Bilingual in Spanish desired
Our client is a premier global full-service aircraft lessor and asset manager based in Southern California. With their specialized knowledge in every facet of acquiring, managing, and financing aircraft, the company is able to provide a fully comprehensive service to its extensive list of airline clients.
Our client has grand plans for growth and development over the coming years and as such they are adding exceptional talent to their Head Office or Miami team.
This position will ideally be based at our client’s Head Office in California or possibly Miami, Florida with relocation assistance provided within the USA, if required. Our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.