Reporting to the Global SVP Sales, the successful candidate will be accountable for supporting and executing our client’s sales strategy for the Americas region. The VP Sales will be responsible for leading and driving sales and business development activities to airlines and MROs, including aircraft and engine parts in their designated region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a high-performance Sales Team to generate revenue via marketing, business development, negotiation, closing, implementation, and account management
- Support the SVP Sales in developing and improving the company’s sales management processes, incentive schemes, skills, training, and tools to reflect industry best practices
- Ensure the quality, depth, breadth, generation, management, and internal visibility of the pipeline of sales opportunities for the Americas region
- Build, capture and leverage an understanding of customers’ needs to develop new customer-focused value propositions in Americas
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Sales/Marketing in the Aviation industry, preferably with a provider of Component or After Sales Services, MRO or Airline.
- Exceptionally well connected within the aviation industry, in particular with airlines and MROs in the Americas.
- Prior experience building, managing, leading, and coaching high-performing Business Development professionals.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- First class business development abilities, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience identifying and overseeing sales, marketing and business development strategies and efforts to grow and strengthen our client’s market position and achieve.
- Prior P&L management responsibility including preparing sales budgets.
Our client is a leading global specialist in providing cost-saving aftermarket solutions to the aviation industry, using its extensive inventory holding to support its airline and MRO customer base with quality used material to reduce maintenance costs whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the asset. Led by an experienced team of aviation experts, the company offers completely bespoke services ranging from whole aircraft end engine sales or lease, through to tailored flight-hour component support solutions.
Miami is the preferred location for this role however, other US hub locations will be considered. Our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.