This is a great opportunity to join a successful aircraft lessor/asset manager. The successful candidate will be based in our client’s Miami office supporting various team functions including operations, accounting, investment selection, research and analysis, investor reporting, and other ad-hoc/as-needed functions.
This role will report to the Assistant Portfolio Manager and will evolve over time so the right candidate will grow and expand their knowledge based in all areas of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare ad-hoc reports to assist the trading desk and senior management
- Prepare research and reporting on aircraft collateral, and the aviation industry in general
- Perform market research to compile weekly investor market updates
- Assist with the preparation of materials for key committee meetings, such as pricing, valuation, and risk committees
- Liaise with key service providers and external parties (e.g., auditors, legal, compliance, fund administrator, custodian, etc.)
- Assist the trading desk with day-to-day requests, including resolving trade-related discrepancies.
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer with certain regulatory compliance-related activities as well augment the Manager, Operations and Accounting to provide redundancy
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- 2 – 6 years of experience in finance, fund accounting or a related field
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel abilities – (VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, PivotTables, Macros, and complex, nested formulas)
- Working knowledge of the trade lifecycle for fixed income securities
- Experience with Broadridge Paladyne or similar order management
- Experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
- Interest in the aviation industry, aircraft and secured fixed income securities a plus
Our client is a leading multi-strategy institutional investment manager with demonstrated capabilities and expertise across all segments of the aviation industry. The company is currently investing in its fifth institutional real assets fund, which focuses on mid-life, in-production commercial aircraft, as well as its sixth institutional real assets fund, which focuses on new technology and early life commercial aircraft.
This position will be based in Miami and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.