Horizon Executive Search International is a leading global executive search firm focused on the Aviation industry.
Experienced in all sectors of Aviation we primarily focus on Aviation Leasing companies and Aviation Financiers although we also carry assignments for Airlines, Airports, MRO organisations and other Service Providers.
We are currently mandated to find a Portfolio Manager in the UK for leading Aviation Business.
We are looking for a Portfolio Manager with strong credit and data analysis skills with a keen interest in the Aviation sector.
As a Portfolio Manager this role reports the Head of Corporate Finance & Risk and will look at how global factors and the developments in the wider competitive market are impacting the finances of airlines and tour operators.
- Creating relationships with Senior Management within your portfolio companies, plus monitoring their financial performance
- Taking a leading role in handling complex cases (e.g. companies in financial distress, leveraged buy-outs)
- Monitoring trends in the market
- Identifying where practices and policy do not achieve their aim and make suggestions on how they can be improved
Our ideal candidate is passionate about or is keen to develop within the Aviation sector. You will need to be dedicated and think creatively to improve analytical methods and monitoring tools to address issues raised by a dynamic and developing industry. Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to carry conviction with external partners at a high level will ensure success in this role.
This role would suit a ‘self-starter’ with a growth attitude and desire to learn, who also displays a strong resilience and ability to defend their view when challenged.
This role is a relationship management role and as such will be exposed to many facets on the financial side of the industry and be involved in transactions, lending, dynamics of companies, and restructurings deals to name a few. As such our ideal level of experience will be 4 to 7 years of experience.
Other skills will include:
- Experience in credit risk management and/or a financial qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CFA or equivalent) or other relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in accounting and economics; corporate finance; debt and equity financing; corporate restructuring; or strategic analysis would be an advantage
- Experience in understanding of lending facilities and loan documentation
Our client is offering a competitive salary and [discretionary bonus] and benefits that include [a defined contribution pension and health insurance] the postion can be based anywhere in the UK as our client has a fabulous work form policy and an attractive benefits package. Candidates should have lived and worked in the UK for at least five years.