Horizon Executive Search has a super opportunity for a Contracts Manager role for a dedicated third-party provider of aircraft management services.
Reporting to the Vice President of Powerplant, the Powerplant Director will have a strategic role across the organisation and execute a wide range of operational duties relating to the transition, trading and maintenance of the aircraft engines across the company’s fleet or stand-alone aircraft engines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and monitor all engine assets on wing, in storage or transitioning through maintenance.
- Oversight and active asset management of the technical condition of the fleet including inspections, technical due diligence of airline clients, approval of engine maintenance work and associated reserve claims, maintenance of asset value.
- Identify opportunities for engine shop visit avoidance, including the amendment of lease re -delivery conditions, brokering of exchange engines, replacement with lease engines.
- Review of workscopes to ensure compliance with lease agreements and assist Lessees with workscope definition and build life goals.
Our preferred candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and key competencies:
- Engineering degree or an alternative technical qualification with a minimum of 10 years work experience in engine leasing, airline maintenance and engineering, engine MRO or Consultancy organization.
- Experience with direct and indirect leadership of teams and external consultants.
- Demonstrated technical, financial, and commercial skills in engine and fleet management.
- Extensive experience with engine shop visit processes and airline operation.
- Established and strong relationships with OEMs, MROs and Airlines.
- Strong problem-solving ability and sound judgment on technical matters.
Our client is a leading multi-strategy institutional investment manager with demonstrated capabilities and expertise across all segments of the aviation industry. The company is currently investing in its fifth institutional real assets fund, which focuses on mid-life, in-production commercial aircraft, as well as its sixth institutional real assets fund, which focuses on new technology and early life commercial aircraft. As of 30 September 2021, the company had 311 aircraft placed with 106 lessees worldwide and assets under management of approximately US$6.9 billion.
Due to continued growth and recent acquisitions, the Company is currently seeking a Powerplant Director to be based in either Miami, FL or Dublin, IR.
This position will be based in either Miami, Florida or Dublin, Ireland and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
More available roles
Horizon Executive Search is mandated to find a VP, Pricing by a leading Aircraft Leasing Company.
Horizon Executive Search is excited to be mandated to find a Portfolio Manager in the UK for leading Aviation Business.