Reporting to the two Managing Directors in the Asset Finance New York team, the AVP Asset Finance will work collaboratively with the senior team members to develop new business opportunities and to monitor the Asset Finance New York portfolio. In addition, the AVP supervises a Junior Analyst on select projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate potential new loans, including analysis of the borrower’s financial statements, asset collateral, and loan structure.
- Participate in the drafting and negotiation of commercial loan proposals to customers.
- Prepare credit applications which include a description of the customer’s business, analysis of financial statements, cash flow modeling, asset analysis, review of loan structure, and the market conditions in which the customer operates.
- Prepare annual credit reviews, waivers, and amendments for existing clients.
- Keep up to date with customers’ business activities and markets by consistently following industry and analyst reports and clients’ financial statements.
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business. MBA preferred.
- 4 to 5 years’ experience working in a bank or leasing company preferred.
- Knowledge of airline and equipment leasing industries.
- Excellent ability to analyze financial statements and other quantitative and qualitative information included in financial reports and investor presentations.
- Strong financial and cash flow projection modeling skills.
- Understanding of the legal structure of commercial loans and experience reviewing legal documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our client is part of a global banking group active in a broad range of financial products including banking, capital markets, asset management, insurance and private equity. The New York Asset Finance team focuses on providing commercial loans to a diverse group of clients in transportation sectors including aviation, rail, containers and shipping. The New York’s office’s corporate customers are located in the Americas and the team works closely with clients in order to provide them with creative corporate debt financing solutions.
This position will be based in New York and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience. No Sponsorship.