Horizon Executive Search International Ltd is a leading global executive search firm focused on the Aviation industry. Experienced in all sectors of Aviation we primarily focus on Aviation Leasing companies and Aviation Financiers although we also carry out assignments for Airlines, Airports, MRO organisations and other Service Providers. We are currently mandated to find a VP Technical for a top ten Aircraft Leasing company.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the VP Technical is primarily responsible for the project management of aircraft transitions with additional responsibilities for aircraft monitoring while on lease.
In addition to the usual responsibilities of a leasing technical professional, the ideal candidate should have the following experience:
- Project management of aircraft scheduled and unscheduled redeliveries, positioning, storage, maintenance, modification (including potential freighter conversions), sales and acquisitions, with responsibility for project schedule, budget and quality, including:
- Thorough understanding and application of the technical aspects of relevant contracts
- Preparation and monitoring of the applicable budget
- Management of on-site representatives for physical inspections and records review
- Technical liaison with assigned airline accounts
- Review results of aircraft and record audits and driving any required follow-up actions to conclusion
- Assessing maintenance reserve claims
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a relevant technical qualification with 10 years work experience in the aviation technical field including a minimum of 5 years in a similar leasing role
- Exceptional organization, time and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and sound judgment on technical matters
- Capable of interpreting and applying contractual requirements of lease, sale and purchase transactions
- Capable of identifying and mitigating potential exposures arising from contract terms
- Ability to craft contract language for technical elements of aircraft transactions would be a significant advantage
Our client, is a multi-strategy aviation investment manager that capitalizes on its extensive technical knowledge, in-depth industry expertise and long-standing presence in the aviation sector
With assets under management of $6 billion, multiple employees based in the US, Ireland and Singapore. Our client has over 200+ aircraft owned, managed or committed to purchase with 100+ lessees in 50+ countries.
Formed in 2002, our client has grown to become a leading multi-strategy institutional investment manager with demonstrated capabilities and expertise across all segments of the aviation industry.
Their continued growth means that as they increase their assets, they are looking for a technical professional to be based in Dublin who will be able to add support for this continued growth in the EMEA region.
With this growth, our client is looking to further head count to its Technical team in the Dublin Office.