Reporting to the Deputy Head of Risk Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for amongst other things:
- Conduct credit risk due diligence, and complete credit assessment reports for new transaction approvals. Undertake regular risk reviews on existing counter parties, and preliminary risk reviews of potential customers of the Company in the Europe and Americas regions
- Monitor the accounts receivable status of allocated accounts and actively manage collections from overdue accounts
- Build and maintain a comprehensive database of financial information, relevant credit, market and industry research, and portfolio analyses
The candidate should have the following specific qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accountancy
- At least 5 years’ of relevant credit analysis and risk management experience, ideally in a banking environment. Knowledge of the aviation sector and collections experience would be an advantage
- A self-starter with good analytical and decision-making skills
- Have strong understanding of financial statements and be familiar with leading international accounting standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to travel, often at short notice to meet with potential clients for credit risk due diligence.
Our Client is a leading global aircraft operating leasing company with a fleet of over 500 aircraft owned, managed and on order. Its owned and managed fleet is leased to over 80 airlines worldwide in more than 35 countries. As an employer they have super benefits and growth/promotion opportunities. With the growth of the business, our client is now searching for an experienced Risk Manager (VP) to be based in their New York office.