Our client is a global aircraft lessor with offices in Dublin, Hong Kong and the USA. Our client is currently seeking to appoint a Vice President Legal (Transactions) for the APAC region based in Hong Kong.
The VP will be responsible for negotiating and documenting contracts relating to aircraft leasing, trading and financing with airline customers, financiers, investors, trading counterparties and other participants in the aviation finance industry.
Core accountabilities include:
- Managing transactions from Letter of Intent stage all the way to contract execution or equivalent
- Customer facing role in contract negotiations with airlines, financiers, trading counterparties, manufacturers and maintenance providers
- Leading deal teams and coordinating input from other internal teams (e.g. technical, credit, finance, contracts, corporate legal and marketing) and from external advisors into transaction documentation
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Appropriate legal qualification
- Significant experience in similar role, preferably with an international aircraft lessor or law firm with at least 5 years of PQE preferred.
- Strong understanding of aviation leasing, asset finance, aircraft trading and financing.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and with good interpersonal skills and the commercial acumen to manage internal deal teams.
Our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.