Reporting to the Head of Legal, the Transaction Lawyer provides legal counselling in all relevant areas of banking / finance law, with particular emphasis on asset-based financing, joint venture, and corporate financing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Legal Counselling, drafting, negotiation and execution of international Aviation and supplier financing transactions and advising on all relevant legal aspects;
- Drafting and development of new transaction templates for various deal types in relation to inter alia aircraft and helicopter financings;
- Review and update of existing standard documentation;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and/or other legal documents, including credit and loan agreements, respective security documentation, suretyships, repos, confidentiality and cooperation agreements etc.;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Qualified solicitor/lawyer with 3-6 years’ Post Qualification Experience (‘PQE’)
- Relevant post-qualification experience gained either from a leading international law firm or an international bank or other regulated entity;
- Excellent drafting skills under German and English law;
- Excellent German, English or French language skills;
- Strong negotiation skills gained in an international environment;
- Team-work and business-oriented mindset;
- Professional experience as well in banking/finance law as in regulatory;
- Ability to coordinate and align input across internal multi-national functional teams and external advisors (law firms, consultants and/or auditors.
Our client is a financial institution that has the unique combination of having aviation industry knowledge and banking know-how – making it an ideal partner for the aviation industry. The company provides financing solutions for the aviation sector and is a partner for the aviation industry. It offers its clients tailor-made solutions in the following areas:
- Asset based aircraft financing including, aircraft, engines and other aviation related equipment
- Supplier financing: investment, projects, working capital, etc.
In addition, our client provides financing solutions for real estate projects and small and medium-sized companies in Germany.