The Commercial Analyst will work directly with the Commercial /Technical /Finance /Operations /Legal departments on capital investment analysis. The work you produce will be used to make decisions on the sale, repair, lease and finance transactions including producing financial models capturing complete asset (aircraft & engines) valuation and multiple disposition scenarios in support of acquisition and investment objectives while incorporating the company’s MRO services contributions.
- Develop and manage analytical modeling of target asset (engine & aircraft) acquisition cost, retail pricing and related market comparisons.
- Evaluate key engine component value chain and corresponding maintenance health, applying performance variables (i.e. green time, EGT margin, BSI, Performance data, etc.) producing outputs for investment thesis, trading, financing and other commercial options.
- Consistently study market appraisal, trades, trends and engine repair build and material options developments to derive current and relevant acquisition and repair analysis while aiding procurement activity and market benchmarking.
- Collect & evaluate market data and pricing parameters associated with asset leasing, exchanges and procurement terms and contract conditions as it pertains to portfolio management.
- Follow-on task management during lease and loan term; covenant monitoring and adherence.
- Assist and support the company’s Deal Team, and act as point of communication between departments as warranted.
- Interact and accompany with Marketing VPs / Technical / Ops / Purchasing / Supply Chain and current/potential customers to build cost estimates for engine sales, leasing, and services. (Rough Orders of Magnitude), while cultivating client relationships.
The Commercial Analyst will liaise and manage routine interaction with technical operations, engineering, finance, accounting, and commercial interfaces and with a variety of customers as well as providing support to the Commercial sales team.
Skills, experience and attributes we’re looking for in a candidate include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in asset value analysis and complex finance modeling
- Bachelor’s Degree in either finance or business administration
- Strong organisational, project management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Our client is an engine solutions provider including maintenance, repair and overhaul of engines and parts in addition to engine sales and leasing. The company has been producing engines for over seventy years and has successfully met the challenge of offering customers innovative engine solutions in every economic climate. Their strength in maintenance, repair, and overhaul of engines and parts to engine sales and leasing, is time-tested. The company offers unmatched flexibility, customized work scopes, highly competitive turn-around-times, and outstanding quality and reliability.
The company is going through a rebranding and overhaul of its services and solutions product for the market. They are improving and updating their offering with, amongst other things, the provision of high-tech solutions to assist with their support offerings to customers. As a part of the Commercial effort, the company now has a requirement for a Commercial Analyst.